Saturday, February 11, 2006

I’d Call this a Memoir...But Oprah might smite me

I want to test Lulu Publishing before taking my not-quite-finished novel there, so I thought I could compile some of my humorous articles and essays into a small book.

I originally started with 12. This makes for a very slender book unless I make the margins two and a half inches wide on a 6” X 9” book LOL

So I’m still digging through my computer archives for more material.

I was playing around with photos and artwork for a cover, since I can’t get my blasted modem to stay connected to the internet for more than 30 seconds at a time (sorry to all of you I usually visit and leave comments for).

With the big brouhaha that has been generated by the disclosure of falsities (which are not tiny shiny paste-on nipple covers LOL) in James Frey’s book “A Million Little Pieces,” I made up this pretend cover for my upcoming anthology (since the first article is about my broken leg).




LOL



- - - - - -

Please read the entries for best Valentine joke below, and vote. I am simply adding new ones:

Entry # 7) from Stringman at Stringman


Entry # 8) from Stephanie at Mystical Incense

to the most recent post, because I am tired of seeing every other headline here about it, so I am sure you are too - LOL
- - - - - -

Fighting a killer sinus headache, which is centered just above left eyebrow, causing left eye to spasm shut on occasion. Made the elderly man at the grocery checkout think I was winking at him. LOL
Stressed out about the boy/man’s theft of phone. Starting to wonder why I thought I could write a book, or even compile a book. Frightened of the strange growling noises coming from the computer.
- - - - - -


I used to sell cemetery lots.

Honest.

I took a bunch of pictures of the cool stones there. I actually liked it, it was an awesome graveyard.

Found this other picture I’d done as a possible book cover to amuse myself, thought it might give y'all a chuckle.





May peace and joy be with each of you.

- - - - - -






16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I love the bookcover and the title.

Hope that nasty headache went away.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Issues, why can't we just be issue free? hehe

Ya know, I enjoy lookin' at headstones. Does that make me weird? I've saw some pretty amazing stones! lol

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the cover art, too. Truly would make me want to peek inside.

I have always been amazed by weird headstones. Come on people, you're dead. Move on! Let's no leave a infinite trail of weirdness :)

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if you ever need help with LuLu. I've published a couple of things there and have been very happy with all of them - plus, since I've gone through it, I have a pretty good idea at how to work out the kinks. Feel free to email me if you need help.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it - and thanks for the LULU thing. I have my two textbooks that I really need to get looking better (right now they are just printed - plastic ring bound - cheap - anyway, tell me what you think about them!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a good laugh, which I needed, what with one thing and another. Great book covers!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the parody book cover!

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Marti. I think we both know if some very amusing e-mailing segments that might just make for very amusing reading. LOL! Sometimes when I'm having a bad week I will go back and read them just to give myself a giggle!

Kel

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice bookcover and also the one on the tomb was it a galaxy or something in the bg.

4:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy valentine's marti! :)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if the memoir is so obviously a total B.S. like the one I wrote last night?! :)

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Marti! I hate sinus headaches.

Love the bookcover too funny! And, that tombstone is really, really neat!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - I too like the book idea and the cover.
...HAppy Valentine's Day to you.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

Thank you for the good wishes, the headache is better today.

I am looking forward to learning more about Lulu!

Yes, I cloned a picture of the Milky Way into the center of a tombstone for that picture.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Who cares what Oprah says... although I would care very much about what Oprah's lawyers say.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The book cover is funny!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home