Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sunday Sampler

I would like to thank Leigh over at The Spinning Pen for notifying me about the newest contest from the creators of NaNoWriMo (the contest to write an entire novel in one month).

They have a new one, to EDIT your novel in one month.




- - - - - - - - - - -

It is the 100th Anniversary of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes - they have a nice website with a timeline and a “Share your memories” section.

I admit, I ate Kellogg’s cereals every morning throughout my entire childhood. . .hmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with my strange personality today? LOL


- - - - - - - - - - -
Yet another friend has gotten the shaft from Blogger - Mac, over at Posthuman Blues is having issues. . .posting only to have it vanish into the ether shortly thereafter.

I’m seriously considering getting “enterthelaughter” as a domain and using Wordpress, since Yahoo webhosting has a super-easy installation now (I tested it with digitaldoorway, but I don’t want such a long URL if I move the blog again)

?

Would I be smarter to stay here, since I just went through the hassle of notifying everyone of THIS new address, or go ahead and move to a more stable platform at my own domain?

- - - - - - - - - - -


Also have a cute joke for you - Happy Sunday to everyone!

100 Year Old Twins

There were these twin sisters just turning one hundred years old. The editor of the local paper told a photographer to get over there and take some pictures of these 100-year-old twins.

One of the twins was hard of hearing and the other could hear quite well.

The photographer asked them to sit on the sofa and the deaf one said to her twin, "WHAT DID HE SAY?"

"He said, 'WE GOTTA SIT OVER THERE ON THE SOFA'! " said the other.

"Now get a little closer together," said the cameraman.

Again, "WHAT DID HE SAY?"

"HE SAYS SQUEEZE TOGETHER A LITTLE."

So they wiggled up close to each other.

"Just hold on for a bit longer, I've got to focus a little," said the photographer.

Yet again - "WHAT DID HE SAY?"

"HE SAYS HE'S GONNA FOCUS!"

With a big grin the deaf twin shouted out, "OH MY GOD! BOTH OF US?"
- - - - - - - - - - -




20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny joke and good luck on the new contest

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought my domain through Yahoo and use the CNAME redirect to point it at my Squarespace site. Like you say, it's very easy with their service.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ever you need ANY help with moving to a domain, installing WP or anything just ask me and I'd be glad to help you, if I can. :)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very happy I switched to wordpress...just leave this blog up awhile and redirect folks. They'll find you again!

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya marti! loved the joke. and good luck on the contest! ho bout sticking around here for a while? i haven't really had problems with blogger in the almost 2 years that i've been here so maybe it's just a random glitch? :)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the second time I've visited your blog today and the second time I read the joke. I got it THIS time around. lol There's no denying, I'm a little slow. *grin*

I would recommend switching to your own domain and Wordpress, Marti. You'll have WAY more control over your blog and you won't have to worry about it crashing or simply disappearing on you. As far as your domain name, I personally like "enterthelaughter" because it just sort of rings for me. And if you're worried about switching URL's yet again, at least this will be the last time you'll have to worry about it. *smile*

Anyway, that's my two cents. If you switch, be sure and drop me a line!

Love your blog!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I just noticed that Planetdan was having trouble with some material related to David Hasselhoff. There was some speculation that Hasslehoff had hacked the system. I guess he got to you too.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx for the Kelloggs info, I submitted my story. I've been eating Froot Loops forever. And thx to my dad, I eat it dry.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen, you can change your URL all you want. I'll chase you all over the b**gosphere.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great joke!! As for changing your URL - why not run two at the same time and compare them? Plus you you can link them to each other. Your readers can let you know what they think - and of course, you'll get a good idea yourself.
...Good luck which ever way you go.

7:02 PM  
Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

I've gotten some advice that you get some Google loss when you move, but it helps you in the long run. It's better to move now than when you've got too many links built up. It used to be pain to move the comments from Blogger, but with 2.0.1 WordPress they seem to have it figured out. With all that said, I was ready to move and then I found a new use for my new blog. So I'm keeping my personal blog where it is for now. . . . Thanks for the link love and the visit, Marti. It came just when I needed it. Hope you'll join us all on our vitural vacation that we're planning now.
Liz

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost two posts yesterday too, or rather the same one twice. I was blaming it on my browser, since i have had some other problems with it, but maybe it was blogger. Thanks for the heads up.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Chas - Thanks - I’m glad it made you smile!
***
FTS - It is great to hear from folks who’ve made a successful move - thanks!
***
TN Chick - You are such a doll to offer! I appreciate it!
***
Theresa - I love victory stories - thanks!
***
Ribbiticus - It’s great to know that you have had good fortune with Blogger (knocking on wood for you LOL)
***
Karen - _I_ had to read the joke twice to get it too! LOL Really appreciate the “two cents” - thank you!
***
Freezio - thank you for stopping by. So David Hasselhoff is responsible - I shoulda known! LOL
***
D Dragon - That is awesome that you sent in a Kellogg’s memory! I’ve eaten Fruit Loops dry as a snack!
***
Hoss - Awww, you sweet thang! Thank you!
***
Hale - That’s not a bad idea! I appreciate it - thank you!
***
Liz - Great to see you! Thank you for your words of wisdom! You deserve link love darlin’, you’re one talented lady!
***
Three Collie - So sorry to hear Blogger messed with you! Hope things are OK now - thanks for stopping by!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno...it seems like more people have been having all kinds of trouble with blogspot. As a reader, it seems like blogspot is more difficult than not to access. I don't know what their deal is...their system cannot support the volume of bloggers?

If you moved to a different domain, I don't think it would be a big deal...I would imagine if you posted your new address on this website and left it up for awhile, your readers would find you with no problem.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog - keep up the great writing!

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the picture of blog persistence. Can't believe you'd consider another site after what you've been through.

I still eat cornflakes. That explains the weird things I do ...

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!

~michaelm

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The focus joke is hilarious!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WordPress rocks. Also, Google up NonFicWriMo, it's cool too.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Marti! Okay, so I'm a little slow on the up take... kept checking your blog but didn't think to read the comments until now! Glad I've found your new home! I missed ya!

Glad to have a running mate for the Nanoedmo - I've started compiling a list of step-by-step things I'm going to focus on aside from the line-by-lines. I'm actually really looking forward to this! Glad we can cheer each other on!
:)
Leigh
www.thespinningpen.blogspot.com

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home