Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hearts and kisses to everyone today!

My lovely 16 year-old daughter got her first Valentine flower from a boy! The local florist showed up yesterday with this:






(A moment for a group “awwww”...LOL)

My computer has been acting up, and husband was off yesterday, so he took it apart and checked the connections. (Thanks sweetie!) We live in an old house with funky wiring, so there’s a jumble of extension cords and power strips to get electricity to everything. We are far enough out in the country that we can't get cable or DSL, so we are stuck with dial-up, and the phone line connection is ancient and fragile as well. So basically, my internet connection is a miracle - LOL

I will try to get by and visit more of you, since I have been unable to stop in and say hello lately.

I truly appreciate everyone who pays me a social call, and enjoy reading about your lives and interests.

The Best Valentine Joke Contest is still open, so feel free to send me your humorous entries and or vote for your favorite. You can see all of the entries here.

I will do the tally on Thursday, and announce the winner Friday. A free box of Russell Stover’s chocolates goes to the person who submits the joke that gets the most votes!

I send all of you best wishes for a glorious day. May you find someone to share love, life and laughter with.










19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Thanks for the link to the V-day jokes-very funny!!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Valentine greeting you left on my blog. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's!!

How sweet for you daughter!!

P.S. I finally updated your URL in my blogroll. Oops.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Heart Day to you, too, Marti. Love the red! Words of advice: promise me you'll abandon Lulu - I have yet to hear of anyone being happy with the end result. Email me...I can recommend alternatives. AND...remember, I live to help new authors get noticed!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop by & wish you some Valentine greetings.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what's annoying? When someone who obviously doesn't read your blog leaves comments on it just so she can link back to her own site.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

I don't know who "anonymous" is (If this has irritated you so, why don’t you tell me who you are?)

I have been going down my blogroll today, to wish those on it a lovely holiday. I wouldn't have someone on my blogroll that I don't read regularly.

I was leaving my URL because many of my former readers couldn't find me when I was denied access to my original blog, so I have been leaving the new address.

I have no idea why this upset you so. You seem to need well wishes more than anyone.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck, I was delighted and flattered that you stopped by to wish me a happy day. I am always very glad when someone takes enough time to leave a comment, even the occasional not-so-positive ones.
And you are right, without our black and white buddies out there in the barn, milk chocolate would be missing something
Happy Valentine's Day to you too.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines Day, Marti. Oh boy, the fun is just beginning with you 16y.o. :) Been there!

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love the country living, even with the bad internet connections! Happy Valentine's Day!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I know it's just a matter of time before my teenage son buys flowers for a girl.

*gulp* I think I need a stiff drink. lol

Happy V-day!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

I'll bet your daughter has been floating on cloud 9 all day. I certainly would!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...the flowers were so sweet! He sounds like a keeper. ;o)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the Happiest of Valentine's Days to you. (How nice, your daughter's flowers)

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy V-day, Marti! Glad you got a rose. Every girl needs, and deserves flowers! :)

Leigh
www.thespinningpen.blogspot.com

10:10 PM  
Blogger Talamasca said...

First time visitor here!!!... Enter the laughter. Coolness.... Aaaaaawwww... Your daughter is lucky to have someone like her... Oh, dial-up is okay. As long as your ISP offers good connection. But yeah, the downside is you're gonna deal with a lot of things like those annoying wires.... Miracle connection? LOL. Belated Happy Hearts Day to ya!

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First flowers, hugh. I don't know if I'm looking forward to that day or dreading it.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marti-

Hope your day was great as well!
No more chocolates for me!

~m

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to enjoy reading the comments.

God bless.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home