Saturday, July 07, 2007

070707

The Good The bad and the Adly

Today is supposed to be a lucky day - 07/07/07. I hope it’s lucky for you!

Any special plans for today? Does July have any special significance for you...a birthday, anniversary, special memory?

I have a few thoughts (often very few LOL )

THE GOOD
I got a very nice book review for my book of humor essays (some taken from this very blog - LOL)


I didn’t die in a horrible flaming car crash when the wheel fell off the car

My birthday is on the 29th.



THE BAD
Middle Son has informed me that he and his lady-love are going to move in together, which means he is moving out of our home. I will miss him and all of the topics he gave me to blog about - LOL

Eldest Son moved out ten years ago, when I was just getting started on the Internet. Daughter is 18 and going into her senior year of high school, so she’ll be gone before I know it. The cats better start doing some pretty funny stuff - LOL


THE ADLY
I love advertising. I know most people are annoyed by it, but I find the psychology of marketing fascinating.
Did you know that several 7-11 stores are being converted into “Kwik E Mart” to promote the new Simpson’s movie?


Over the weekend, 7-Eleven Inc. turned a dozen stores into Kwik-E-Marts, the fictional convenience stores of "The Simpsons" fame, in the latest example of marketers making life imitate art. Those stores and most of the 6,000-plus other 7-Elevens in North America will sell items that until now existed only on television: Buzz Cola, KrustyO's cereal and Squishees, the slushy drink knockoff of Slurpees.

Then there’s this new Wendy’s hamburger commercial, that shows a bunch of people in a forest, all kicking a tree. I thought, ”WTF” and was not alone - LOL I Googled it and there are a LOT of people asking “WTF?” The general consensus seems to be that the message is “don’t be like everybody else”. I think it’s great when a TV commercial cam get that many people asking, “WTF?” LOL It is just so bizarre and “random” (which is apparently the new “cool”)


Speaking of weird randomness. Is anyone watching John From Cincinnati on HBO?


Or have you seen “Black Snake Moan” with Samuel L. Jackson and Christina Ricci? I caught both recently, and frankly, I think my weirdly cup runneth over - LOL

Black Snake Moan
Best wishes to all of you for a great weekend!




To leave a comment, please go here
Thanks!