Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pop has passed

My father-in-law passed away this morning.

It's a strange place I'm in right now. I am so sad, it is crushing. Yet I know that we all die. And I feel like he knew that Mom-in-law, with her Parkinson’s, wouldn't be able to care for him at home, even though that was what a part of him longed for. He was in a lot of pain. He knew that his quality of life was never going to be the same. He'd seen us all...my oldest son had stopped by, we'd been there, Mom-in-law was there, my husband’s brother and his wife were there.

I am trying to be metaphysical about it, soul ascending to a higher plane, this lifetime is but a blink in eternity, all that sort of crap - lol

But the moment is still so raw, it's hard.

I can't begin to thank you all for your friendship.

Love,
Marti

PS - he'll be in some good company at the newcomers lounge, with Art Buchwald and Molly Ivins, huh?

PPS ~ I searched for words of wisdom form someone more clever than I, and ran across this. I found it quite comforting. Robert Anton Wilson, prolific futurist author and countercultural icon passed away January 11. He had been suffering from post-polio syndrome. So there is another lively thinker in the lounge.


To leave a comment, please go here
Thanks!