Monday, January 15, 2007

Should I be worried?

Like everyone who uses the Internets (snicker) I get a lot of spam. Spam e-mails, spam comments, spam blurbers at Squidoo.

But today, my spam e-mail was not for ways to enlarge my penis, have a Nigerian send me millions of dollars, or asking me to forward this to 20 people so my wish will come true.

Today I got power chair scooter store, and plan your funeral.

Is there something someone isn’t telling me? LOL!

- - -

We are under a winter weather advisory - a bit of an oxymoron for the middle of the geographic US in the middle of January, but that’s why the meteorologists get the big bucks - LOL! We’ve got lots of ice. If only I had some vodka!

- - -

Need a laugh? My sense of humor is frozen. Clearly, we need to legalize all drugs - LOL

Even without drugs, (but with her beloved unstirred coffee - lol) Amy has a hilarious piece about waxing her you-know-what (and I don’t mean her coffee table).

- - -

Still waiting (tapping foot impatiently - lol) for more of you to weigh in on what you would do (or not do) for a million dollars. Someday when you come up blank on what to post, consider answering, ‘k?

- - -


Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Acceptance Speech,

on the occasion of the award of the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo, December 10, 1964


I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality.
This is why right temporarily defeated is stronger than evil triumphant.
I believe that even amid today's motor bursts and whining bullets, there is still hope for a brighter tomorrow.


I believe that wounded justice, lying prostrate on the blood-flowing streets of our nations, can be lifted from this dust of shame to reign supreme among the children of men.
I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.


I believe that what self-centered men have torn down men other-centered can build up.
I still believe that one day mankind will bow before the altars of God and be crowned triumphant over war and bloodshed, and nonviolent redemptive good will proclaimed the rule of the land.


"And the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree and none shall be afraid."
I still believe that We Shall overcome!

Complete text

- - -

One year ago, my original blog, Digital Doorway, Enter the Laughter (all content has been transferred here) was named to the Blog Herald’s "100 Blogs in 100 Days" list! I am still extremely honored!

- - -

I know this is an incredibly dull post. Sorry. We can’t seem to shake the flu, it is five degrees Fahrenheit outside and my brain is dull. We got three inches of sleet so I am just glad to still have electricity. Daughter was scheduled to have the day off, and husband dropped Son of at McDonald’s on his way in to work, so I was spared the slippery wetness, which is not anywhere near the fun of, “new guy wetness” that some friends who’ve recently begun dating again have been discussing. *snicker*

Sorry, I can’t discuss it any further, I am bound by the Covenant of Silence (cos) - LOL

I do hope that 2007 is treating all of you well! Smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another, right now.








To leave a comment, please go here
Thanks!