Friday, March 31, 2006

Whack-A-Troll

Our electricity went out yesterday from the severe storms in Mazoorah. Going to the Downed Branches Festival (being held in my front yard LOL) this weekend, to see what I can pick up.

Have to go see the Incredibly Smart Tax Lady later, to amuse her with my ignorance.

A few days ago, I made a batch of pumpkin cookies, and realized I didn’t have all the ingredients (About all I did have was pumpkin - duh, we’re pumpkin farmers LOL) Rushed to store, rushed home, threw flour, eggs etc, in bowl. Slammed mixer into bowl, ran first blending step, stopped mixer, threw in more ingredients, ran mixer again. In haste pulled mixer out of bowl. Forgot to turn mixer off. Flung batter in wide arc around room and onto me, coating face and hair. I was a human pumpkin cookie LOL

I ordered a gift basket of bath goodies for my wonderful mother-in-law from Mystickal Incense. Arrived yesterday, and is beautiful! Smells incredible too! Thanks hon!

Had to delete a bunch of spammy comments from some stupid little BlogTroll. Makes me long for the days when we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese and I could take my frustrations out on the Whack-A-Mole game - LOL

Not to worry though, I am not going to activate word verification, I think it is just too much trouble. Anyway, I have come up with an alternative....

Big Blog News! I have taken the plunge! I registered the domain name enterthelaughter.com and I am going to set up WordPress over the weekend! Work is coming along on getting the book of humor essays published, and I wanted to have a “real” domain name to list as a place to visit for more crazy stories LOL

Special thanks to Ellen for her fabulous custom illustration, and to Karen for her incredible patience and with me, and her fabulous skills designing the book cover.

WARNING! When I switch to WordPress I am going to trim the ol’ blogroll. It has really gotten out of hand, as I tried to link to many of you who left comments, or have blog that I visited and enjoyed. I’m thinking I may break it down into different categories, like my mom-blogging-friends, my writing-blogging-friends, etc. But I’ve gone overboard, and I know there are blogs on there that haven’t been updated in months, or that I don’t visit much, or (and this is a hideously selfish reason) bloggers that don’t ever visit or comment here. So, if you get dumped and are upset, let me know and I’ll add you back on (gawd could I sound any MORE egomaniacal? LOL)



Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful weekend - don't forget daylight savings time switch is this weekend - change your clocks one hour forward - lose an hour of slee-yawn-sleep.




Peace and joy to all!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not selfish at all! I delete people who never read or comment on my blog, unless I know them from another source (like a bulletin board or something). I pruned mine a while back, too.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Marti... it can get out of hand, and people get very demanding about being on blogrolls! I think if there are too many, the blogroll loses its punch.

Sounds totally exciting! Can't wait to see your site! :)
Leigh

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with iwrite. And whats with folks demanding anyhow? I've typically had two rules I follow. If the person is a regular at my blog I put em up or If I think their blog is worth reading and entertaining I put em up.

So what is this? Your blog is moving again? to a permanent site that you registered? Man sounds like fun. I have to prove to myself that I will not be taking anymore vacations before I take that step though.

The Lumpy

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on moving to Word Press. Seems to be what many people do when they get sick of Blogger and all its glitches. Sounds like things are going well in the book department too. Good for you!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very wise to move. After hearing about every post of yours getting wiped out I don't believe I would feel safe using blogspot. Congrats on the move, though. I know it costs some money but I think it's worth it.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your domain! I love using WordPress - I'm sure you will, too and find it's much easier than Blogger. No more blogger eating content! Woot! :)


Best thing is you can block folks like anon there who loves to spam... Ugh.

4:07 PM  
Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you moving your blog. I started to move mine Then I chickened out and started a new one instead. I had the domain name and everything. I'm just scared of losing 350 posts worth of comments. . .

I can't wait to see your new blog.

liz

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly, Marti, thanks for the warning about DST. Forgot all about it.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your book and your imminent move. You'll love WordPress, especially after the frustrations you've gone through with Blogger.

I was able to import all of my posts and comments from my Movable Type blog with a click of a button. That was a godsend!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I send you my address, will you ship me some of those confections? I've never had a pumpkin cookie. ;)

Anyway, I'm getting unpacked and settling in here in Colorado. I took a day hike in the foothills yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I've missed reading here! I hope to get back on more of a regular schedule now. :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Of course FTS! It can be a housewarming gift!

Drop me your address, I'll get some cookies baked up for you next week!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't believe we lose an hour this weekend! On the otherhand, it will be so much nicer to have more daylight after work hours. Have a good one Marti!

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the domain name and move coming soon. Wish you the best of luck with your bloggng and book efforts. :-)

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on your domain and i wish you success for your upcoming book.

my blogroll is getting out of hand, too. but i'll keep it as it is. i like it chaotic, anyway.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home