Monday, March 20, 2006

The Good News Is...

It is sleeting and the roads are expected to freeze over soon.

I just returned from driving Middle Son to McDonalds, and am hoping my hearing returns sometime soon.

What’s that you say? Why?

Seems the lad went out last night (in my car) to dance the night away. Not at a nightclub (not old enough for that) but at the arcade, letting his feet fly across the brightly lit arrows of Dance, Dance Revolution and In The Groove, two "interactive" video games that require the player to move their feet at the speed of light to touch down on the appropriately lit arrows. The decibel level at such establishments must have acclimated the lad's hearing, as he seemed undisturbed by the roar coming from my car’s tailpipe.

When he returned, his approach was announced by a sound similar to a jet aircraft coming in for a landing.

"Hmmm...." I thought. "My car did not sound that way when he left."

He enters and attempts to rush past quickly, averting his eyes.

Ain’t no way.

"Say there son, I noticed the car is emitting some unusual noises."

He tried to look innocent. He failed. "Uh, yeah, I dunno what happened."

"Dear child, please, do try to recall," I implored, or something to that effect, which may have included slightly cruder language.

He continued to proclaim an utter lack of knowledge as to the cause, but was willing to acknowledge that something wasn’t quite right.

Like duh.

It was dark and raining outside though, so further examination of the cause was postponed until the morn. Or mourn in the case of the lad-who-will-be-paying-for-whatever-has-happened.

Come morning, it is still raining. The rain is changing over to sleet and predicted to change over to snow.

This is a good thing LOL

Driving the boy to McDonalds drew fearful stares from other drivers, as the sound of 747 bearing down on you at a stoplight is disconcerting. Fortunately though, since the weather is so horrid, there is no police officer in his right mind who is going to stop us, as the almost-frozen precipitation blown by strong northerly winds stings like a BB shot as it pelts the skin.

So I am delighted it is so miserable outside - LOL

I have called the muffler shop and scheduled an afternoon appointment.

Let’s hope it stays icky outside.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world! 5 inches of snow last night and a foot (PLUS) expected in the next 24 hours! But more than SNOW, ice and sleet scare me. Good luck! ~ jb///

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope it isn't anything major.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well, gee, Mom, we only wanted to see if it would go 100...."

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anytime I ever borrowed my Dad's car, something always went wrong: headlight out, directional won't work, heat stopped working, flat tire ... we both realized after awhile that I was just a jinx for that car. I drove my mother's instead. Never a problem. Better keep your eye on your son's jinx quotient.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone out there wsnts to move from such nasty weather to sunny florida or texas and they need to borrow money or fix broken credit before embarking they should try this website...

www.BrokenCredit.com

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home