Thursday, March 23, 2006

Exhausted and Bugged

The tailpipe is now repaired.

Middle Son agreed to take the car to the muffler shop and accepted a ride to McDonalds, (about a mile away) so they could repair it during his shift. He called them when his shift was over, and they came and picked him up (and ordered some fries LOL).

I saw this as:
A) An opportunity for the boy/man to understand the responsibilities involved with car ownership.

B) A way to get me out of four hours of wasted time inhaling garage fumes - LOL


I spent the time cleaning, doing laundry and other physical labor, which wasn't finished in the four hours, but ran over well into yesterday.

So now the car and I are both exhausted - LOL
- - - - - -
Oh. Dear. God.

Watching the morning news and was horrified to see this story
Roaches are Brooches

Living giant cockroaches are being made into brooches, with a small chain leash glued their bodies, the other end of the "leash" is attached to a jewelry clasp.
You pin the clasp onto your clothing, and the jewel-encrusted LIVING roach, is free to wander around on you!


Pardon me while I shiver uncontrollably, while chanting,
"eww eww eww"



18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's funny, Marti. Glad to hear you got a much needed break. Have a good day!
:)
Leigh
www.blogcharm.com/thespinningpen

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's a good lesson for him to learn too! He did pay for it, right?

6:37 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Yup - he paid - LOL

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good way to learn real life. Can you believe roaches have been around for millions of years! Worse yet can you imagine "wearing the "broach" and having it move in front of a not so good friend?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that broach thing is so gross...i dont even want to think about it...yuck yuck yuck.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My roach wanted to go to Starbuck's. Should I have let him?

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cars and Cockroaches. I do see the tie-in... both will still be here long after we've left the planet! ~ jb///

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... talk about killing a few birds with one stone, huh?

Roaches as brooches... I saw that too. ICK ICK ICK. Almost as bad as those strange people eating them on Fear Factor.

Bllaaaaaarrgggh!!!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NASTY! Or as Sam says, "NASSY!"

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gross. Shiver.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just how do you tell which end of the leash has the roach?

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I settled in to watch America's Next Top Model with a plate of food Wednesday night ... and of all things in the world, of COURSE they made them walk and pose with those huge, disgusting roaches.

Ew! Good appetite suppressant, though, if anyone's looking for one.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "fashion" world is just over the top. This is sickening.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a win-win on your car and son. Sounds like lose-lose on that roach jewelry. In some countries, you might get such jewelry eaten on you if you're not careful.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marti,

I wanted to stop by (in person) so to speak to give you a big thank you for your encouragement during my lack of writing. I have attempted to carve some time out of my personal life to begin writing again as opposed to carving time out of my professional life (which is what I was doing before and is why I had to stop) So anyways. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I really mean it.

The Lumpy

4:54 PM  
Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

Eww is right, but maybe just the present for the witchy stepmother in any fairytale existence. Hmmmm.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We (my 17 yo son - my main TV-watching partner) watched that ATM. It was great! One chick on there was COMPLETELY freaking out about having that bug on her - too funny! If that wasn't bad enough, at the end of the show they made them walk the runway in these 'stilt shoes' (huge platforms). I'm surprised that only one of them ended up with a sprained ankle.

Kel

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and the car are exhausted? First I laughed, and then I groaned. And then I laughed again!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home