Friday, January 27, 2006

Previous Blog Is Hosed

If this has been a test from the Almighty, I think I passed.

I didn't firebomb the offices of Blogger Support. LOL

Oh wait, I can't- they obviously don't HAVE offices, they just have a robot autoresponder somewhere that sends out a letter that says, "Thanks for writing. We're free, what'd you expect? You've got a problem? You're screwed."


If you used to read my blog here, and you know how to get Blogger to give me access to my old blog, or to publish to my domain using FTP, please write me.

I don't know how.

I have changed the settings a thousand times and nothing works.

Phooey.

So what if all of the directory listings, bookmarks, blogrolls and links that I've built up over the last year are hosed now?




I've had to start over plenty of times in my life, this damned thing isn't going to beat me.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks :( I have had to start things over numerous times (not with blogger so far) and it always is such a bummer at the time, but eventually, over time, you forget about all of it and things work out. Good luck tho.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Thanks hon!

My first new comment! Woo-hoo!

LOL

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! Starting over really stinks. I can't, and won't, tell you how many times I've started over, it's embarrassing. lol

I've changed your link on my site. LOVE your blog! Keep up the good work!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can empathize with you, Marti. I've had problems with paid and free blogging systems. Geeklog was the only software that locked me out.

I like your new theme. :) Very festive!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pain! I too have changed my link to you.
...When and IF you ever find out what the problem was - do please let us know.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my my that was sad, marti. i, too, changed your link in my blogroll.

that made me think about my blog. will it go down the drain just in case? i hope not.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Marti said...

Thank you ALL!

I continue to write to Blogger Support, requesting an explanation, but none has been forthcoming.

I’ll offer some tips on backing up your blog soon - busy building a firebomb right now ...errr... reading the Bible, yeah, that’s the ticket - LOL

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I salute your courage and determination, Marti. You are an example to us all! :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Marti said...

Thank you all so much!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So HERE you are! I would click over at the old place every morning and think "Well, I bet SHE has the nasty ol' flu now." Then this morning I decided to read some comments and found out about the move! Sorry you've been having blogger troubles but nice to see you up and running again.

Kel

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home