Monday, January 30, 2006

Blog Backup

You should back up the posts from your blog (all of your computer documents really).

At least my old blog it is still there, just frozen in time, never to be updated again. Sometimes they get hosed and all the files vanish. No one knows why - LOL

These things happen.

Worse things can happen, like when your hard drive dies. It is not a question of "if" because none of them last forever. Are you prepared? Oh gawd, I’m having flashbacks to the days I sold
cemetery lots
. . .that was our big pitch. . ."Are you prepared?"

Well of course no one is, because nobody likes to think about dying. And they were not interested in hearing my spiel about it. - LOL

Same with hard drives. And servers. So if you don’t put that information somewhere else, it’s gone for good when the drive dies. (Granted, there are companies that specialize in recovering data, but they cost thousands of dollars)

So BACK UP! LOL

I write my blog posts as Word documents first, so I can check the spelling. Then I upload copies of my documents to Yahoo. If you’ve written yours directly to your blog, you should go in to your archives and save them to your computer as Word docs or some kind of text file.

Then save them.

Burn them to a CD.

~OR~

Get removable storage, like a keychain flash drive.
(DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am an affiliate but I was a customer first, and still am. We’ve purchased products from Computer Geeks for years, and gotten great deals - never gotten a bad part.)

~OR~

Upload them to a free online storage space such as “My Briefcase” at “My Yahoo.” It is somewhat time consuming and tedious, but it’s free - LOL

~OR~
Pretend you’re a medieval monk. Buy a notebook and start transcribing manually. LOL

It doesn’t matter what method you use. Put “Back up computer files” into a search engine and figure out what method works best for you. The method isn’t what’s important.

The doing it is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, back up!! I have been backing up things for the past week or so... tryin to clean things up. What work.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home